Menu Plan - Pantry Challenge Week 12
Last week was Spring Break for Diva as well as our anniversary so we ate out one night (on a gift card of course) ate with my parents and generally ate leftovers so not much was crossed off the list. What did happen though was we had the Operinos over for Frito Pies one night. Who said that having company means making gourmet food? :)
Sometimes when you are cleaning out the pantry of fridge, you end up putting more stuff in the freezer. Take the ham for instance. I cooked it for brunch, we had it for supper, then I turned it into individually wrapped croque monsieur sandwiches, a ham & apple bake, and a breakfast ham & cheese casserole for the freezer. Seriously, the pantry challenge may never end it is a very visual manifestation of one step forward and two steps back.
This week I'm thawing one of the two turkeys that I found down in the depths so again, I'll be making casseroles and putting them back into the freezer. At least casseroles are easier to stack than turkeys and hams.
Engineer asked if I felt like our guests were suffering due to the pantry challenge. I don't think so since everyone left with food in their bellies. It may have been food they never thought they would eat in their lifetime (Mung Bean & Kohl Rabi Salad, I'm talking about you) but they were fed nonetheless.
I am thrilled to have one of my little hats showcased on the fabulous Brooke's blog. She took my sad little freebie hat that was thrown in with another purchase and made it into a stunner. Here is what it looked like before:
This month we will be eating (in no particular order):
- Beef Stroganoff & Salad
- Sweet Potato Chili & Rolls
- Steak Fingers, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Pumpkin Soup & Rolls
- Tuna Noodle Casserole & Steamed Veggies
- Sausage, Biscuits, & Gravy
Croque Monsieur and Stewed Apples & Cranberries(assembled & put in freezer)
- Ribs, Roasted Sweet Potato Salad, Greens
- Quesadillas, Rice, & Beans
- Roast Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, Dressing, and Cranberry Sauce
- Pasta Salad, Rice Salad, Green Salad
- Stuffin' Muffins, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Chard
- Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole & Sauteed Veggies
Quiche & Salad Tin Foil Dinners
- Beans, Greens, & Cornbread
- Turkey Curry over Rice
- Soft Tacos, Rice, & Refried Beans
- Enchiladas, Rice, & Beans
Pork Stir Fry over Rice
- Roast, Rice, & Gravy, Steamed Veggies
Grilled Turkey, Brie, & Cranberry Sandwiches, Slaw, & Broiled Grapefruit
- Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
- King Ranch Turkey Casserole and Salad
- Hashbrown Casserole & Mixed Vegetables
Ham, Salad, Sweet Potato & Collard Soup, Cranberry & Brie Crescents, Marinated Broccoli, Mung Bean Salad Cuban Sandwiches & Beans Chicken in a Cloud and Steamed Broccoli Frito Pies made with Homemade Chili Ham & Apple Casserole(assembled & put in freezer) Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bake(assembled & put in freezer)
This is part of Menu Plan Monday.