Menu Plan - Pantry Challenge Week 10
We attended an Oscar party on Sunday. Since we had not seen any of the movies besides the two for best original song (Muppets & Rio) we were not well equipped to give our picks for the winners. Our friends, who host this party every year, go all out with the movie theme and it's always fun.
For the month of March, I tried something a little different, I made out a month's worth of dinner options and we will cross them off as we eat them. I have a little flexibility then as well to add or delete food as necessary and if we go out (on a gift card) or have leftovers, it won't throw off my groove.
Along those same lines, we are now down to the portion of the freezer that houses several big hunks of meat i.e. two turkeys and a ham. I may be spending my Thursdays making up casserole after casserole for the next month.
Our church is having a "Beans & Blessings" fundraiser after the service for a local homeless shelter. Members were asked to donate Crock Pots of cooked beans and/or pans of cornbread for others to give donations to sample the offerings. What a yummy and a creative fundraiser!
This month we will be eating (in no particular order):
- Beef Stroganoff & Salad
- Sweet Potato Chili & Rolls
- Steak Fingers, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Pumpkin Soup & Rolls
- Tuna Noodle Casserole & Steamed Veggies
- Salad Nicoise
- Sausage, Biscuits, & Gravy
- Croque Monsieur and Stewed Apples & Cranberries
- Ribs, Roasted Sweet Potato Salad, Greens
- Quesadillas, Rice, & Beans
- Roast Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, Dressing, and Cranberry Sauce
- Pasta Salad, Rice Salad, Green Salad
- Stuffin' Muffins, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Chard
- Turkey Broccoli Rice Casserole & Sauteed Veggies
- Quiche & Salad
- Tin Foil Dinners
- Beans, Greens, & Cornbread
- Turkey Curry over Rice
- Soft Tacos, Rice, & Refried Beans
- Enchiladas, Rice, & Beans
- Stir Fry over Rice
- Roast, Rice, & Gravy, Steamed Veggies
- Grilled Turkey, Brie, & Cranberry Sandwiches & Slaw
- Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
- King Ranch Turkey Casserole and Salad
- Hashbrown Casserole & Mixed Vegetables
- Ham, Salad, Sweet Potato & Collard Soup, Cranberry & Brie Crescents, Marinated Broccoli, Mung Bean Salad
- Cuban Sandwiches & Beans
- Chicken in a Cloud with Steamed Broccoli
- Frito Pie made with Homemade Chili
- Ham & Apple Casserole
This is part of Menu Plan Monday.