Perfectly Practical #91 - How to Dispose of Your Christmas Tree
What are you going to do with that tannenbaum now that the holidays are winding down? Do you have a plan once you have stripped it down to its natural state once again? Throwing it out with your general trash is not your only option instead, consider a few other possibilities.
If you used a potted living tree:
- Plant it on your property
- Donate it to a local park or arboricultural society to plant locally
- Start a Memorial Forest at your church using the trees
- Throw it in a pond (please do ask permission if it's not your pond) or donate it to a local waterways society - dead trees make great habitats for fish
- Run it through the chipper and use it as mulch in your flower beds
- Break it down some and throw it in your compost
- Chop it into smaller bits and use it as kindling
- Take it outside but keep it in the stand and hang bird feeders from it - your feathered friends will love the "perch n' peck" that you set up for them outside
- See if your city has a citywide compost scheme and donate the tree to it
Don't forget to enter here to win the perfectly practical tool The Drain Claw.