Madly in Love
|Diva snapped this pic|
Last weekend, Engineer and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.
That's a long time y'all.
Engineer would say how much he likes the number 17 since it is a prime number; that man loves him some prime numbers.
We celebrated pretty much all weekend. Saturday we went to the Houston rodeo and after an exciting round of events saw the Billy Currington concert.
After church we celebrated with Diva by having a lovely lunch downtown at a place called Artista before going to watch a high school friend perform with the Houston Grand Opera.
Monday started Engineer's vacation week and Diva's Spring Break so we headed back into to town and met up with some friends at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
|My best T-Rex impression. It must be pretty good since the other folks in the photo look quite scared of me.|
The rest of the week was spent doing projects around the house and a whole lot of playing in the dirt.
We had a fabulous anniversary week.
Going back to thinking about numbers, here are a few more.
In that 17 year year time span we've:
- Been through 6 moves in 2 countries and 2 states
- Bought 4 houses
- Gotten 3 degrees from 3 different universities between us
- Had a child and have kept her alive and well for 14 1/2 of those years
- Loved 5 dogs, 3 cats, and a rabbit
- Lost 2 dogs, 3 cats, and the rabbit
- Collectively been employed by 6 companies
- Lost 6 grandparents
- Had 2 nieces and a nephew as well as gained a step-niece and nephew
- Gained and lost and gained an indeterminate amount of pounds between us, ah-hem...
We have also grown older, wiser, goofier, and closer through those years.
And I believe with all of my heart that we are better people because of each other.
I am so very thankful every day for my Engineer.
1-4-3 EM for 17 wonderful years and I can't wait to see what lies in the many more years ahead.