Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolates
|I received a sample of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates for|
review purposes. All opinions and thoroughly spoiled
neighbors are my own.
You know it's going to be a good day when you receive an email asking if you'd like to review chocolates. Ummm....yes please!
Mrs. Cavanaugh's Candy Co. is one of those stories that we like to hear. How one woman took an old family recipe, put her own spin on it, and with the encouragement of friends and family turned it into a business. A business that is still going strong decades after it began.
I know, that's a nice story but how do they taste?
After some grueling research painstakingly undertaken by Engineer, our neighbors, and myself, we can give you our honest opinion...they are great!
Mrs. Cavanaugh uses fresh cream and butter and no preservatives!
For dessert one night, we carefully cut each chocolate into fourths and tried them all - for research purposes obviously.
Here are our comments:
- "Nice packaging"
- "Not stale like other boxed chocolates"
- "The chocolate is very smooth and creamy"
- "The 'Mindy Mint' has a beautiful texture"
- " I could eat a box of these by myself!"
- "The caramel is lovely, and I don't like caramel"
- "The toffee is delicious"
- "I like the 'Haystack's' flavor but not the texture" (full disclosure, that was from someone who doesn't like the texture of coconut)
- "The cherry cordial has a strong cherry flavor"
- "Oh, that white chocolate!...nom nom nom"
- "I'm not into creams, but that raspberry cream is yummy"
- "They are a little difficult to distinguish which is which from the picture"
As you can see, we enjoyed them very much and we think you will too! That's why my readers receive Buy 1 lb Get 1 lb FREE of Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolates if you use promo code: usfamily2014 at http://www.mrscavanaughs.com/