Perfectly Practical #193 - Marshmallow Treats
I joined with several food bloggers this past week in a Valentine's Day dessert round-up.
As I was working on my recipe, I started thinking about all of the variations of marshmallow treats and how useful they were as a party food.
Besides being ridiculously simple and delicious, they are tremendously versatile as well.
Here are a few variations to make them a personal statement:
- Make "Hugs" by using half Cocoa Puffs and half Kix cereal
- Turn these into baby shower treats buy emphasizing the "HER"shey or Hers"HE"y kisses on the tags
- Put a couple of drops of food coloring in the marshmallow goo to match a theme
- Melt chocolate, peanut butter, or caramel chips in with the marshmallow goo
- Use pretty much any cereal: Cheerios, Fruity Pebbles, Trix, etc.
- Add in nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, M&MS, etc. in with the cereal
- Let them settle in a pan and use cookie cutters to make specific shapes
- While still pliable, mold them into shapes
- If you are super creative, make a centerpiece out of sculpted or carved marshmallow treats
- Dip them in chocolate
This is part of WFMW.