Perfectly Practical #165 - Label Maker
Gather round children and let me tell you a story*...
Once upon a time there was an avid canner who loved putting up jams, jellies, pickles, and chutneys.
She also loved to share her concoctions with friends for them to sample.
Her friends were so appreciative and loved receiving the jars of foodstuffs but there was a problem, the jars never had labels on them. No one knew what was actually in the jars and although they all like a bit of mystery, her friends would have also liked to have known what it was they were eating.
Whilst dining with Supper Club one evening, the husband of a dear friend said, "I bestow upon you this label maker for the greater good of our community of taste testers. It will wipe out unnecessary ignorance of the product that lies within and will enable us to identify which relishes we like and dislike in the future."
There was rapturous applause from all in attendance and from hence forth, the jars were labeled with their contents and no one was subject to mystery jelly again.
I like gadgets but so many of them take up space and don't get used all that often.
Not so with the label maker:
- Sure, you could just write labels on masking tape and label up a storm but it just looks so much nicer with a label maker.
- Also, the label tape is laminated to it won't smudge and is waterproof.
- The tape used in a label maker is easily removed and reapplied elsewhere.
- It is very clearly labeled instead of trying to figure out someone's handwriting.
- It won't fade like a handmade label would.
In our house we label:
- Boxes of Spring Clothes
- Boxes of Winter Clothes
- Canning Jars
- Boxes of Christmas Decorations and Their Contents
- Jars of Dry Goods
*The story may have been slightly embellished by the author.
This is part of Works for Me.