Perfectly Practical #130 - Leftover Wine
"Leftover" wine translates to "not so tasty" wine in our house.
If wine is good, we drink it, if it is bad we find some other way to use it up. I just can't stand the thought of wasting wine no matter how unfortunate the taste is.
Here are a few ways we have found to use up
- Use in pasta or meat sauces to add depth of flavor
- Bake in cookies (pictured above)
- Make a batch of mulled wine
- Make kir. Our favorite vintner once told us that a good Creme de Casis can turn any undrinkable white wine into something special. We have not proven him wrong yet.
- Use in risotto
- Take out a red wine stain by pouring white wine on the spot
- Soak fruits in it in preparation for baking
- Make sangria
- Freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays for ease of use later
What uses can you come up with?
This is part of Works for Me Wednesday.