Do you remember several weeks ago when I cleaned out my pantry to take stock of what needed to be used up sooner rather than later? Well in doing so, I found that I had a ludicrous amount of instant coffee that I needed to use up - like 20 or so boxes. Yes, I know... moving on....
I had to make use of them because the laundry basket needs to get cleared away; it is starting to get on hubby's nerves.
So with the instant coffee I made...
Mexican Hot Chocolate Chunk Cookies for our new neighbors...Mmmmmm....
Cappuccino Chip Muffins for the coupon class (thank you Pinterest)
Last week I told you I would share what I did differently to the instant oatmeal mix recipe that I had found on Pinterest.
I need to let you know a few things before I share the recipe:
- We had bought a 50lb. sack of oats (not instant) awhile back so I have lots of oats to play with
- My peeps eat oatmeal every Thursday and there is mutiny if it is unavailable
- These are not very sweet since my people will put a drizzle of honey on top
- I like big jars of stuff - big jars mean that I don't have to refill them as often
- We do not have a microwave so this is made stove top
Instant-ish Oatmeal in a Big Jar
5c. Oats as they come
5c. Oats, chopped to smithereens in a food processor
1c. Demerara Sugar
1 tsp. Allspice
1 tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Tbs. Salt
1/2 gal. jar
Process the oats in 2 1/2c. portions. Dump all ingredients in the jar and screw the lid on tight. Shake the jar. No, really, shake the jar good. As in, do your Zumba workout while holding the jar. Voila!
To make the oatmeal the Engineer Moppins way:
Pour out a cup of the oat mixture into a saucepan. Pour over 1c. water and 1c. milk. Give it a stir, place the lid on the saucepan, and turn the stove on low. Go trim your beard. Come back to find that the oatmeal is perfectly done. Give it a stir. Scoop out your portion and drizzle honey over top.
This is part of Full Plate Thursday.