Perfectly Practical #70 - Use What You Have
This perfectly practical could also easily be called "get creative" or "you don't have to be Martha" or "everything has another purpose." Okay, so maybe not everything, mosquitoes don't seem to have more than one purpose, but they weren't part of my dinner plans either...moving on...
Instead of plates, we ate off of pie tins and used them to put burger fixings on the table and rags were used as coasters.
Milk jugs were our decanters and to keep dust out of the tea, I used cupcake liners as toppers for the jugs.
Even the pictured pitcher is normally part of my Texas kitchy decor and was pulled for this occasion, along with the lemon balm that I have growing in the back yard.
Just to recap:
- The pockets from pairs of jeans became both napkin holders and a chargers.
- Jars were used for drinking glasses, silverware holders, condiment servers, and dessert cups.
- An old boot, sugar bag, and window valance were turned into a centerpiece.
- Pie tins were used as serving platters and plates.
- Rags were used as coasters.
- Milk jugs and cupcake liners became decanters and lids.
- Items that are usually decorative called called up for duty and we used herbs from our garden to flavor the water.
This is part of We Are That Family's Works for Me Wednesday.