Diva's math tutor, Veggie Girl, is a Peeps-a-holic. She is crazy about Peeps and she's one of those Peepsters. You know, the kind that like Peeps old, stale, and crunchy. I know, gross.
She sent me a link for a cake and this is what happened:
If you have a Peeps-lover in your household, this would be such a great dessert for an Easter gathering.
Here's the deal, you can make any flower that you'd like not just a sunflower.
- The cake is just a box mix in any flavor you like
- The frosting coordinates with the chocolate chips: 1. chocolate frosting with chocolate chips 2. white frosting can be dyed any color and matched up with white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, etc. or you could even use pastel buttermints
- Peeps come in all sorts of colors so any color petals are possible
- You could make a mum by having all Peeps and no chips
- If you are needing a particular color scheme, then why not put some sugar in a ziptop bag with a couple of drops of food coloring - give it a good shake then drop your white Peeps in the bag and toss them in the colored sugar
If I can make a presentably decorated cake, then as long as you have an ounce of craftiness, then yours will look awesome.
This is part of Full Plate Thursday.